I can tell that spring is here, when my friend George tags me with another blog meme. Apparently it's like a ritual to him, but it came a few weeks earlier this year, so I figured I could delay posting at least until last year's anniversary. With the frequency I blog, he doesn't have much to expect anyway.
This year's theme is to write about crazy or stupid things you'd like to do, but can't, or stupid things that you do anyway. Since I'm running an old-fashioned, respectable blog here, I'll restrict my answer to appropriate stuff, namely computers and software. And with that I expect to have lost 50% of my audience, so I guess that leaves me and you George. So without further ado, here are 10 things (in no particular order) I wish I could do, but probably won't:
- ...stop reading FreeBSD mailing lists.
- ...convince my colleagues at work to switch to Mercurial for version control.
- ...transfer a call at work (in a Linksys IP Phone) without loosing it.
- ...build the zero-administration appliance I was planning.
- ...use and contribute to JNode, an operating system written in Java.
- ...write a book about a computer-related subject.
- ...implement class data sharing for 64 bit VMs.
- ...write Objective-C code using Xcode.
- ...stop subscribing to more blogs and even ditch a few altogether.
- ...blog more often.