10. Jobs. Job hunting and hiring are essentially the "professional" analog of dating and seem to work in somewhat similar ways.Shaking Hands, by Aidan Jones
If you ponder it a bit, it sounds about right, doesn't it? People look for jobs they like and hiring managers look for candidates they like. When there is a match, there is a hire. The parallels are many:
- Dumping/seduction: an employee will dump his current job for a better one, often due to seducing promises from their hiring manager.
- Bachelorhood/marriage: some people change jobs like crazy (especially in the States), while others stick to one for life (quite common in Japan).
- Stagnation: employment relationships, like sexual ones, tend to stagnate after a long period of time, when people lose interest in it.
- We might as well admit it, women and work are the two dominant discussion subjects with one's friends, after midnight.
- When one gets caught cheating on his wife/company, they go to court.
- Girls have breasts, jobs have salaries. The bigger, the better.
- People get jealous of their friends who make more money than they do.